About Us :
The train depot was originally built in 1905 by the Wadley and Mt. Vernon Railroad. The Georgia and Florida Railroad made its presence in Douglas in 1907 and became a major employer for the area for the next 60 years. In the mid-1980s, the depot was closed for passenger transportation. In 1999, Georgia and Florida Railway employees and Friends of the Museum renovated the depot and re-opened it as Heritage Station Museum.